We’re excited to announce the release of “The Fury” Hybrid HUD! This HUD combines the functionality of the Thirst and Rage HUDs into one unit, with a few extra bells and whistles thrown in. This HUD has metric meters for Humanity, Vital Blood, and Lumens in a single HUD, and includes a new HUD skinning feature. For now, we’ve included six custom HUD skins along with our classic-styled skin. We’re working on the ability for families and individuals to release their own custom HUD skins soon!
This HUD will not register an account with the Bloodlines system, and it does not come with Bloodlines fangs or claws. This is an add-on item for those who already have the Thirst or Rage Bloodlines systems. In order to register with Bloodlines and obtain fangs and claws, you will need to also own either the Thirst or Rage systems. However, if you are already registered with Bloodlines, it will count for your daily Determined achievement. Full instructions to The Fury Hybrid HUD can be found on the Fury gear page.
Also, for a limited time, when you buy the Hybrid HUD, you will also get the “Hybrid Banner” rare tank and iron prism textures for free!
It’s the end of the week and let’s not kid ourselves, we’d all just love to pig out and eat all the things we’ve been denying ourselves. Join us at Candyland Friday night for music, costume prizes and Rare giveaways.
When: Friday, September 29th 2-5pm
Suggested Attire: Anything candy, cookie, or pastry-related
Where: Liquid South/Badlands Border
Music: DJ Candi | Decor: AnnaMargeaux | Host: Zeldonix
Down deep underground, amid the caves and stalagmites, strange creatures are tinkering with god-knows what! Join us there Friday night for music, costume prizes and Rare giveaways.
When: Friday, September 22nd 3-6pm
Suggested Attire: Elves, dwarves, gnomes, earthworms, basically any underground denizen. Or a brave spelunker!
Where: Liquid South/Badlands Border
Music: DJ Gothy | Decor: AnnaMargeaux | Host: Aimee Novaland
Today we’re announcing the release of Vital Blood, Lumen, and Cider containers version 7. This update contains a few minor script updates, and more extensive updates on the actual meshes themselves. Here is a list of updates we’ve made to these containers:
- On the Cider Barrels, Casks, and Bone and Iron Prisms, the meshes have been updated with new UV maps to allow us to release more extensive custom and rare textures and gacha textures for these items. Bone and Iron Prisms now include a “cabinet” around the central crystal that can be textured or transparent, depending on the texture released.
- Bug fixes:
- On tanks, the local chat that was printed when the ‘info’ button was pressed reported the incorrect access mode. It reported ‘Fill Only’ when it was actually ‘Fill / Drink’, and vice versa. The mode was being set correctly and displayed correctly in the hover text, just reported incorrectly to the owner when the info button was pressed, and this has been fixed in version 7.
- The Next / Previous buttons weren’t working on the texture menus if there were more textures than would fit on a single menu, this has been fixed.
- We fixed a few minor things regarding textures, and making sure that all containers have the correct texture displayed on rez.
Trading In Your Containers
If you’ve purchased any kind of container from Liquid Designs in the past, you should automatically be delivered an object called ‘Bloodlines Container Trade-In Machine’. It will come from a server named ‘Liquid Update System’. The machines may take some time to deliver, but if you want to get yours right away, you can come to any Bloodlines store and click on the vendor titled ‘Container Trade-In Machine’, and it will be delivered to you.
You’re not required to update your containers, but this machine gives you the option to. The trade-in machine will work for any container that has a button labeled ‘Select’ on the main menu. We added ‘Select’ buttons to containers starting with version 2 to allow the containers to interface with other objects like siphons, bottles, and refill stations. Version 2 was released in the summer of 2008. Any new container bought since then should have a select button, and should be able to be traded in with the trade-in machine. So, the only containers that won’t be able to be traded in are ones purchased in the first few months that Bloodlines was released.
You can use the trade-in machine on one container at a time to trade them in. The trade in process works like this:
- Rez your Bloodlines Container Trade-In Machine near your containers. Make sure that the container you wish to trade in does not have a custom texture applied to it, make sure it has a default texture applied. You can set this by touching your container and selecting Texture > Default, and then selecting one of the options. If you don’t have any custom texture licenses, the menu will skip the ‘Default’ selection screen, and go straight to your default textures.
- Touch the machine, you will get a menu with ‘Start’ and ‘Cancel’ options. Press start to begin.
- Touch your container, and press the ‘Select’ button on the menu.
- Your container will be checked by our system to see if it can be traded in. If it can’t, you will get a message in local chat and the process will be canceled. If it can, you will get another menu with ‘Trade’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons on it. Press Trade to trade in your container.
- If your container was full, you will be delivered a new Version 7 full container.
- If your container was empty, you will get a new Version 7 empty container.
- If your container was partially full, you will get a new Version 7 empty container, and any Vital Blood, Lumens, or Cider that was contained in it will be moved to your Metric Reserve. You can view the amounts of your metric reserve by going to your Blood Cellar, Lumen Vault, or Cider Tavern (click on your container icon on your Bloodlines profile) on slbloodlines.com. You can access these metrics through the refill stations on Liquid Estate.
- Your old container will be remotely deactivated and emptied. Please delete or discard your old container in order to reduce the possibility of confusion when old deactivated containers show up in your inventory. If you really want to keep your old container, we can’t stop you, but we recommend keeping them organized and separated in your inventory, perhaps in a folder named “Deactivated containers”. It goes without saying, but do not try to sell or transfer away these old containers.
Also, a word of warning to anyone who wants to purchase aftermarket containers: there will inevitably be some who will try to con others into buying their old deactivated containers. There have always been deactivated containers floating around out there for various reasons. Be careful and never purchase a container without testing it yourself. See our post on how to buy an aftermarket blood container.
Somewhere between sleep and waking, there’s that twilight phase where we get to walk around consciously in our dreams. Join us there Friday night for music, costume prizes and Rare giveaways.
When: Friday, September 15th 4-7pm
Suggested Attire: Anything you might find walking in your dreams (so probably anything at all), or pajamas.
Where: Liquid South/Badlands Border
Music: DJ Syn | Decor: AnnaMargeaux| Hosts: Aimee Novaland
The Gallery Tour is an event for people who wish to show off their collection of Bloodlines Rares. It doesn’t have to be a bona fide gallery, it could be a dungeon or a room in your house, or any place you like to show off your collection. Also, to win you don’t necessarily need to have the largest collection of Rares – judging will include looking at the style and atmosphere of the place, organization etc. Anyone owning a Bloodlines Haunt can opt-in, and anyone with a HUD will be able to participate in the tour.
What specifically does this mean for Bloodlines players? It means during that month we’ll be connecting participating Haunts up via the website and the HUDs, so that you can easily travel from gallery to gallery, and meet up with people while discovering new Bloodlines-friendly locations.
For Haunt owners, this event means a chance to get your location on the map! The Gallery Tour will provide an influx of new visitors, as well as give you a chance to network with other Bloodlines friendly locations. Players will be able to vote on their favorite Galleries, and prizes will be awarded at the end. Mars and Lyle will be visiting participating locations to help with the final judging of the top locations, and we hope to see you there! On the final day (Friday Nov 3rd) we’ll be having an event on the Bloodlines sims, and we’ll give away the prizes.
Voting will start in a few days and run until Nov 3rd. During that time, all you need to do to vote is press the ‘Vote’ link next to the Gallery Tour icon on the profile of participating haunts.
Prizes (Awarded at the end of the Month):
Gallery Tour Participation Rare – Given to anyone who opted-in their location to the event. (Limit one per avatar)
10 Runner-Up Rares (Silver Crown) – Given to the best 10 Galleries
3 Top Rares (Gold Crown) – Given to the top 3 Galleries. These will also receive a banner on the Bloodlines homepage for a week following the event.
Getting involved is simple:
Location Owners – If you already have a Haunt, just log into your profile, Edit Haunts, and opt-in via the radio button for the Gallery Tour Event. Make sure to use the Haunt Events calendar to schedule specific times for your events.
Bloodlines players – The Gallery Tour will automatically generate locations in your HUD, under the Haunt button. We’ll also make it clear on the website which locations are participating, so you should be able to easily find the next great location to visit!
At the end of the month on Novemeber 3rd, we’ll wrap it up with an official party / awards ceremony on the Bloodlines sims where we’ll deliver all the prizes, so be sure to stop by. See you there!
The 3 new sets of Gacha textures are in the machines as of today!
The machines are still rezzed in two places on our sims, so if one set is busy you can try another location:
In honor of the upcoming Halloween season, we’ve made the Nightmares set extra large, and we’ll keep them out for a bit longer this time. These 3 machines will be out for about 6 weeks (Sept 13th – Oct 31st) and then we’ll pull them back.
If you’d like to read our original Rare / Gacha release post with further details, it’s here.
Someone’s science experiment has gone horribly wrong, and we’re all the size of bugs! Join us in the yard as we run from giant insects and try to enjoy music, costume prizes and Rare giveaways and not die.
When: Friday, September 8th 2-5pm
Suggested Attire: Picnic / outdoors attire, giant insects
Where: Liquid South/Badlands Border
Music: DJ Fawn | Decor: Fawn Madrigal | Hosts: Aimee Novaland / Zeldonix
We had hundreds of Bloodlines members opt their Haunt locations into our Pub Crawl special event, and we have tremendous gratitude towards everyone who participated by decorating, holding events, engaging the Second Life community with Bloodlines, not to mention the hundreds of avatars who attended events and voted on their favorite locations!
Everyone who opted in their haunts to the Pub Crawl 2017 event have received a special limited-edition tank and prism texture that they can apply to their blood tanks or lumen prisms.
Our 3 winners, who will receive an additional limited-edition texture, and have their haunts featured on the Bloodlines homepage for a week are as follows:
And our 20 runners-up, who will also all receive an additional limited-edition texture: